Friday, January 1, 2010

2010...here we go again!

I know my Heavenly Father loves me.
Thankfully He is also very patient.
Now if He could just help me get over the heart wrenching pain of good-byes...

I didn't mind saying good-bye to 2009.
I did ok, saying good-bye to Gary's big brother Billy.It's such a joy to have him in our home. We will all miss him!
Gary and I had our first date of 2010...we drove him to the Atlanta airport today.
We had a great talk, up and back. It was heaven.

Tonight, though, we gathered together and set some family goals and
had our last whole family counsel until who knows when.
My heart hurts.
We had our last whole family prayer, for awhile.
I cried.
Mychel-Anne flies back to Utah tomorrow and it's killing me.
I know it's right. I know it's good.
That doesn't make it easier...at least not tonight.

1 comment:

Me said...

You are such a wonderful mom Shelice!! A great inspiration to all of us with littler kiddos and look to the day that they too will be off on their own with dread. Good things can hurt. Prayers and {{HUGS}} to you and yours. Happy 2010!!