Thursday, July 24, 2008

Unexpected Orange Matters!

While my dear spouse watched the short version of today's Tour de France stage I was "blog jogging" (my sister and blog inspiration calls it that...I hope I'm using the term properly) and came upon my new favorite blog (beside my sister's, daughter's, son's etc). .

Orange has special significance to our family...it's Nathan's favorite color. I was in heaven....great ideas, love her voice, lots and lots of orange and THEN I found my new favorite website.
Holy Cow Batman it's a twofer! Quick back story. We adopted our three sons from Russia when they were 2, 2.5 and 3. No, we weren't crazy, No, it wasn't a spur of the moment decision and Yes, we would do it again in a heart beat...just gotten happy drugs sooner and cherished each moment more) None of boys spoke English and we didn't speak Russian. We tried to learn basic words and phrases in Russian, some of which we still use today. Our Russian resources are limited but we do what we can...and now we have a whole new resource . Hey, for those of you non-bilingual families, you can teach your children how to make the sound of a horse in four or five languages...that 'll put all those "my child is a genius at 9 months" parents in their places. I'm not sure how my soon to be sixth graders are going to use their soon to be new found knowledge to their advantage, but maybe there's scholarship potential in it for my soon to be college student. Orange and Out! ps This post is dedicated to my brilliant daughter who taught me how to import pictures and make them a link. Love ya Angel.

2 comments:

Shillig 1 said...

gary & shelice, i like all you posts/pics. great blog. i've added it to my favorites. we're going private with our blog, so if you'd like an invite send me your email please. mandi
shillig1@sw.rr.com

Me said...

I love how close your family is! Maybe it was a spur of the moment decision when it occurred but Heavenly Father's had them slated to be Murphy boys forever ago! Your family really is an inspiration to so many! Thank you for just being you!