Monday, March 22, 2010

Pardon me while I...

share...
tell you about...
ok, BRAG about the dinner I made tonight.


First, a bit of back ground. I had homemade refried beans, left over roast and some cheese I needed to use up. I wasn't really hungry, therefore nothing sounded good. It's Monday.

So as I sat waiting for my last munchkin to be picked up I was trying desperately to figure out what to do for dinner before Big G arrived and uttered the phrase we that is worse than nails on chalk board for me.... We'd already had left over roast, soft tacos with it and no one wanted quesadillas. Somehow my brain came up with a casserole. Before I tell you about it I need you to just be proud of me. I don't care it you've made something like it before that was much better, more creative, healthier and ecofriendly. This was big for me.


Here goes:
Spray whatever size oven pan you're going to use with non stick spray.
Spread thick layer of refried beans in bottom
Next scatter a layer of your chosen already cooked meat.
Drizzle a thin layer of salsa
Top with lots of cheese.
Heat until cheese melts.
For those of you who only have a few crumbs left in the bottom of the corn chip bag...
sprinkle those on top.
Otherwise I'd have served it with them to be eaten like a dip
One son chose to put the hot, gooey, yumminess in a tortilla and eat it that way.
The rest of us used spoons.



Now if your Big G you'll be deeply offended at the corn chip on top.
and repeatedly announce chicken would have been a better meat choice.
 (I've learned to just nod and think he missed his calling as a restaurant critic)

Sorry, no pictures...I had no idea it would be worth "sharing"







No comments: